SIBOS – swift international banking operation seminar
SIBOS stands for swift international banking operation seminar. It is an annual conference for SWIFT operations organize by society for worldwide interbank financial telecommunication i.e. SWIFT. Majority of the international banks use SWIFT for messaging, banking software’s etc. Annual conference SIBOS 2018 will be held this year in Australia.
SWIFT began in 1973 with focus on better interbank connectivity, Telecommunication, fundamental operations and rules of connectivity.
SIBOS 2018 Venue
SIBOS has been held in various countries with most locations being repeated. The location trend has recently shifted to oceanic countries. As such SIBOS 2018 conference will be held in Sydney, Australia. The conference will focus on reviewing digital progress of SWIFT. The Venue for Conference is:
International Convention Center (ICC) Sydney
14 Darling Dr,
Sydney NSW 2000
SIBOS Date 2018
The date for SIBOS 2018 Conference is now out. The conference will be held from 22nd October 2018 to October 25, 2018. SWIFT has held previously 2 conferences in Sydney i.e in 1997 and 2006. Sydney has developed a leading infrastructure and is one of the pioneers of SWIFT telecommunication system and banking standards.
SIBOS Theme for the year 2018
The theme for SIBOS 2018 is ‘Enabling the digital economy’ which will be represented by four sub themes mainly:
- How data, AI and robotics are driving service innovation and business model renewal
- New paradigms and technologies for information sharing to tackle financial crime
- Tackling the widening cyber security challenge in the digital economy
- Adapting to evolving geopolitical and regulatory priorities
SIBOS 2018 Registration Prices
The prices for registration for SIBOS conference has remain unchanged since 2012. This year too the prices are as follows
|Name of Pass||Price|
|Week long pass||EUR 3200|
|One Day Full Access Pass||EUR 1250|
|Lunch Pass||EUR 50|
The Week-long pass and One day pass will give you full access to the conference and amenities that it offers, while the lunch pass can be purchase onsite.
SIBOS Registration Process
- The registrations for SWIFT conference are open and you can visit SIBOS Login PORTAL to register yourself.
- The registration onsite at the International Convention Center, Sydney will begin on October 21, 2018.
- Click on Login or Register in order to sign in or Register yourself respectively.
- Fill out the form and submit the details.
- In this way registration for SIBOS for 2018 will get complete.
- All the passes can purchase online and offline without any hinderance.
SIBOS Turns Forty
The SIBOS will turn 40 with 2018 conference marking a feather in the cap of SWIFT. It has worked towards enabling international communication between banks. This in turn has raised the standards of banking practices and also revealed various ISO standards for banking. One can expect this conference to head towards the cashless economy and use of cryptocurrency.